New Life Covenant, formerly known as Palestine Christian Temple, was founded by Rev. Ignacio Marrero and a small group of brothers and sisters back in May 1965. Rev. Marrero and others met in their homes and within a few weeks, they left their homes and established a church by renting a storefront in order to meet the needs of the community. In 1976, after much growth, they purchased a permanent location now know as the “Spanish Campus” located at 1665 N. Mozart Street in the heart of Humboldt Park, Chicago. This was the beginning of great things to come. For 35 years, Rev. Ignacio Marrero faithfully led the congregation in the direction God gave him. In 2000, a 35 year chapter came to an end, however, a new chapter began for Palestine Christian Temple. In July 2000, the pastoral torch was passed to Rev. Wilfredo De Jesús, better known as Pastor Choco. He has led the church to tremendous growth even from humble beginnings. As part of that new chapter, the church adopted a new name, New Life Covenant, which is the name that now identifies our church. What started as several families has become one church with many campuses with an average weekly attendance of over 17,000.